Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Taggedy Dee

.
Tagged by Nishi

1. Pick out a scar you have, and explain how you got it.

The only visible scar that I presently flaunt is on my right wrist. This also happens to be listed as my identification on my Passport. Interestingly, it appears to have faded, and thus, my passport is under jeopardy.

How did I get it? I cannot remember. I suppose I've had it ever since I can remember. A birthmark? Nah!

I do recall asking someone about it, when I was very young. As young people usually observe, scarcely so we receive an honest response. I was told that I was bit by a bird. Honestly, one would think I'd asked how babies were born.
Nonetheless, it endowed me with a good story to pass on to anyone who questioned its origin. Such as now.

2. What is on the walls in your room?

Mon bedroom? I cannot recall. A wooden shelf for sure, that carries dusty books. Maybe a calendar. Don't think there's much. One has enough side-tables at home to stock ones belongings.
Mon Hostel Room? Interestingly, a lot. Two cheap imitations of famous paintings, 2 frames with family pictures, an RBRRK calendar, two small wooden shelves with plastic creepers hanging off them, another work of art made by Jo for Chinti and 2 puppets by the windows that I got from Jaipur on my last trip. Then of course, there are the curtains. And 2 badminton rackets, scarcely used.
To give you an idea :-

3.What does your phone look like?

Big, bulky, almost like a box.

But I love it! It combines a cell-phone with an iPod. A Sony Walkman! W550.

4.What music do you listen to?

Alt Rock and a bit of pop if its really good. I like Country, Instrumental (expecially Piano and violins)
Favourite Artist : Dolores O'Riordan. For more, check Orkut Profile, thanks.

5. What is your current desktop picture?

A snap I took at Railway Bridge, somewhere on the Konkan Railway. Thank you Kits for dragging me along and most importantly, thanks Bappa for taking us to such a heavenly place.


6. What do you want more than anything right now?

A keyboard, a marksheet with top grades and my name on it.
The entire collection of episodes of I Love Lucy, I Dream Of Jeannie.


7. Do you believe in gay marriage?

I don't think that's anything to believe or not believe in, as such. So I support it? In the long run, yes. As of now, I think de-criminalising homo~ty is of more importance.

In the US, I support it, yes. Canada, I respect.

8. What time were you born?

Memory fails me. Would have loved to be born at midnight, though Mother would've hated me for it, but I think it was afternoon. My father, I believe, was born somewhere around midnight, which I quote as the reason for being confused about his birthday for many years. He claims it is spread over 2 days.

9. Are your parents still together?

Yes. Wish I could think of an alternative way of putting it, but nothing comes to mind.

10. What are you listening to?

Dolores O'Riordan - Are You Listening?

Track - Angel Fire (performed Live at The Hospital, London)



11. Do you get scared of the dark?

Terrified. Which is odd because the dark is something that I wish to embrace and appreciate, but I suppose to get there, I shall first have to stop shivering at its "sight".

12. The last person to make you cry?

The way of the world is that he or she whose name I would quote here would be the first person to make me, thereafter. Thus, I shall decline to answer.

13. What is your favourite perfume/cologne?

Sex Appeal! Yeah baby! My Very First!

Interestingly, my very first Deodorant (Just Do It! .... or was it simply "Do It!"??) was also my favourite for a very long time!


14. What kind of hair/eye colour do you like on the opposite sex?

Dark Brown hair is terribly attractive. Eyes? Green, Purple, Light brown. The wierder, the better!
I may speak to the contrary when she wears them but I adore Mum's brown-coloured lenses on her.

15. Do you like painkillers?

By golly yes! I can still remember the first time I took a Combiflam. It was right after school, in the 12th standard, and my legs weighed a million stones each. I had a physics tuition class immediately afterwards. Couldn't imagine how I'd make it there. But it was CF to the rescue. I still worship that painkiller, while avoiding it, what with how bad it is for you and all.

16. Are you too shy to ask out someone?

I'd be too shy to ask someone for a pencil. Oh alright, that's an exaggeration. For a favour, possibly yes. Does that answer?

17. Fave pizza topping?

Jalapeño.
And yes, a tip to all losers out there. The J is pronounced H, no matter what the blokes at Subway, Manipal may claim.

18. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?

I'd start with a serving of Pasta (Penne) in white sauce with garlic bread, followed by Baked Vegetables in Augratin, then pasta again. To finish it off, a pineapple soufflé and Mother Dairy's Strawberry Crush Ice-Cream!

Sob! I want home!

19. Who was the last person you made mad?

Err, I make lots of people mad with every passing second. I doubt I'd know.

20. Is anyone in love with you?

Who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dhruv, visited ur space after quite a long time... A delightful insight into ur life...and thoughts... will visit again!

Raghav said...

one Tag which was worth reading..nice blog here ;)